Grade 9 Physical Education
This class is designed specifically for freshmen. The main objective is to have the students understand what it means to be physically fit and how to achieve that goal. The three basic areas of the class are individual sports, team sports and physical fitness. During this class you will become physically fit and prepared for future physical education classes.
Goals and Objectives
- Use proper sportsmanship and teamwork at all times.
- Be able to use the correct techniques for the selected activities.
- Know how to take their pulse and know their target heart rate.
- Understand the rules, skills, and strategies of individual and team sports.
- Physical Fitness pre/post testing
- New Zealand rules football
- Flag football
- Track and field
- Pickle ball
- Wrestling/self defense
There will be 5 fitness activities each week. Every day the students will participate in a fitness activity. The mile run will be done on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Tuesday and Thursday will be chosen from the following. 25 minute power walk, circuit training, form and agility drills.
Placer P.E. uniform (shirt and shorts required)
Laced Athletic shoes
The students will be evaluated on the following during the term.
Attendance Written/ skill assessments