Outcomes: Students will learn to use the fundamental word processing tools provided in Google Docs and learn to share docs, post them to a Google Site, upload native files and convert native files to a docs format. Additionally students will learn file management and
be introduced to the concept of a naming convention.
- Word processing and formatting
- Uploading Native files to docs
- Converting native files to a docs format
- Sharing Docs
- Collaborating on a Doc to include revision history
- Choosing an appropriate word processing tool for specific applications
- File management
- Naming conventions
School Wide Linkage:
- Writing tool
- Connectivity to portfolio
- Access to students who do not have native programs
- Access for students who can not attend school
- Save on printing
- #1 Creativity and Innovation: Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
- #2 Communication and Collaboration: Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
- #3 Research and Information Fluency: Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
- #4 Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making: Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
- #5 Digital Citizenship: Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- #6 Technology Operations and Concepts: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
Google Doc Links
PROJECT 1(Download the following Word Documents)PROJECT 2
(Note: Atomic Learning Videos require a Log In Name and Password provided by your teacher for home use.)