Outcome: Students will learn to effectively use the suite of apps provided by Google to communicate, collaborate, and display works in progress as well as completed works. Students will be introduced to the cloud and will learn to navigate both safely and ethically in this environment to create or improve work while in high school.
School Wide Linkage:
- On-Line student work site
- Student Work Archive
- Best Work Portfolio
- Standard school (work) e-mail convention
- Cost savings and environmentally conscious
- Teachers can integrate their Google tools with their students to better deliver curriculum
- #2 Communication and Collaboration: Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
- #3 Research and Information Fluency: Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
- #5 Digital Citizenship: Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- #6 Technology Operations and Concepts: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
Who Uses Google?
- National Geographic
- Brown University
- Northwestern University
- Arizona State University
- Virgin America
- Jaguar / Land Rover
- The McClatchy Company
(including newspapers SacBee & Minneapolis Star Tribune)
- The State of Wyoming
- Oregon Schools
More in Business