Outcomes: Students will use a variety of tools to investigate the three overarching question Who am I? What do I want? and How can the PUHSD help me get there? This career themed research will then be used as the base data for an oral career presentation accompanied by a slide show visual aid.
Skills: ISTE Standard(s):
School Wide Linkage:
- Word processing and formatting
- Internet research technique
- Using multiple programs simultaneously to improve learning
- Reading for understanding
- Synthesizing information
- Accessing on-line tools for learning
- Internet Research
- Career Cruising Tool
- Aligning students ability to make informed four year plans using career pathways, PUHSD class offerings and site counseling teams
- #3 Research and Information Fluency: Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
- #4 Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making: Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
- #5 Digital Citizenship: Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- #6 Technology Operations and Concepts: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
PROJECT 1: Personality Type
PROJECT 2: Pathway Survey
PROJECT 3: Career Cruising
PROJECT 4: Align your career selections with the National Career Pathways