College and Career Research
Outcome: Students will research and develop content that will further their ability to think critically about who they are, what they want and what opportunities Placer Union High School District can provide in preparing them to participate in both College and Career. The Career Presentation will incorporate internet tools to research, Google tools to publish their findings, and presentation tools to create a visual aid. The visual aid will be used in support of an oral Career presentation.
School Wide Linkage: ISTE Standard(s):
- Oral presentation standards
- Presentation slide design standards
- Internet research technique
- Use of Career Cruising Software
- #1 Creativity and Innovation: Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
- #2 Communication and Collaboration: Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
- #3 Research and Information Fluency: Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
- #4 Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making: Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
- #5 Digital Citizenship: Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- #6 Technology Operations and Concepts: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.