Students will learn the fundamental tools for the industry standard in digital photo imaging, Adobe Photoshop. In addition to learning the basic tools they will learn basic photographic composition, basic camera controls, basic lighting and image archiving. Students will demonstrate these skills by creating images for their student portfolio as well as works outside of the tech essentials program.
School Wide Linkage:
- Working with layers and masks in Adobe Photoshop CS5.5
- Using basic adjustment layers and masks
- Using selection & refining tools
- Working with multiple Adobe CS5.5 files
- Incorporating typography
- Preparing images for display including for print and the web (File Types)
- Archiving, storing and retrieving (downloading, naming, storing) images
- Using basic digital camera controls and settings (Shutter, Aperture, ISO, WB)
- Applying basic composition & design concepts for photography
- Applying basic lighting techniques & considerations
- Archiving (downloading, naming, storing)
- Portfolio photography
- Digital image manipulation
- Posting images to the student portfolio
- #1 Creativity and Innovation
Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
- #2 Communication and Collaboration
Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
- #5 Digital Citizenship
Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
- #6 Technology Operations and Concepts
Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
PROJECT 1 - Unit Outline
ASSESSMENTS: SUPPORT Follow up with a course through 49er ROP.
CLICK HERE for a list of their opportunities.